Skin Advise: Diwali Edition
Diwali – the festival of lights is right around the corner. Last year we had to spend it at our homes and celebrate it indoors. Now, we have the chance to spend with our family and friends. This means this Diwali is going to be flamboyantly celebrated — decorating our homes and dressing the part. Our skin should be no different, give it a chance to glow too by following these simple tips this Diwali.
1. Hydration: Winter is starting, with that comes dry and rough skin. We are sure you have heard it countless times and yet people still forget it. Drink enough water, there is no guaranteed number of glasses or litres. But understand what your body needs and your skin will be glowing
2. Moisturizing: Just like hydration is internal your body needs moisture from outside too. During winter the moisture content in the air reduces and becomes drier. The best way to keep your skin supple and plump is by applying moisturizer.
3. Sunscreen: Just because it is almost winter does not mean that you do not need sunscreen. Sunscreen is a must no matter the season or festival. It has a very important job of protecting you from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or more.
4. Lip Care: Lips are one of the most sensitive areas of the face which do have a lot of protection. Exfoliating your lips, rids it of its dead cells letting the newer, healthier cells shine through. Always follow it with lip balm for moisture. Look for balms with SPF in them, just like your skin, your lips need sun protection too.
5. Home-made/Sheet Masks: If you are looking for that extra glow and hydration, a mask is a perfect option. They will give your skin that boost you are looking for this Diwali.
6. Sleep: Beauty sleep is difficult during festival time. Late nights are common, but not getting enough sleep can make your skin look dull and lifeless. Thus it is important to try and get at least 6 hours of sleep.
7. Makeup: Diwali means looking the best version of yourself, which for many women include makeup. Applying a full face of makeup for the whole day will lead to clogged pores, so it is imperative to cleanse your face and remove it all at night no matter how tired you are.
8. Facials: In the end, if you are looking for surety, then getting a facial is the way to go. Sakhiya Skin Clinic offers a range of treatments and medi-facial that is bound to give you flawless illuminating skin. Pro tip: ask for our skin glow medi-facial.
We hope these guidelines are enough for you to slay this Diwali.
Sakhiya Skin Clinic wishes you to spend your Diwali surrounded by love & happiness, with family & friends, and that you enjoy it to the fullest. Happy Diwali!