Sclerotherapy is currently the cosmetic treatment for varicose and spider veins. This methodology in conjunction with the ultrasound laser techniques treats blood vessels malformations and improves the appearance of the healthier and improper veins.
Varicose veins depict the condition where veins get enlarged swelled up in comparison to the normal veins. This generally happens in the legs and feet parts of the body due to standing or working pressure. So as to cure it sclerotherapy is applied and is been practiced since few years. This therapy can be considered as a primary remedy for small affected parts or varicose of lower extremities. Also, this therapy needs ultrasound assistance to detect and visualize the vein and deliver it to the physician for the further treatment. This is also a proven mechanism for treating the cosmetic appearance of the body.
The basic symptoms that invoke the need for this therapy
- Varicose veins which are visible
The signs and symptoms depend on person to person and so are varied in nature
Sclerotherapy involves driving an injection containing solution mainly salt solution called sclerosant that damage the vein’s internal lining and allows it to collapse and allows for the clotting of blood and swelling of the vein. Hence the vein will appear as a scar tissue which will fade along with the certain passage of time. The treatment practiced in a much-cleaned way and the number of veins injected in one session depends on the size and medical conditions of the person.
1. Initial Diagnosis: This is done to evaluate the affected underlying vein and associated blood vessels
2. Medical History checkup: Then the allergies, smoking habits, and illness history are observed.
3. Before Treatment: Wearing of loose comfortable clothes and no implication of lotions.
4. During treatment: Injecting of the solution with needles to make veins shrink
5. After Treatment: Wearing of compression bandages so as to keep the treated veins improper place.
The effect of this therapy lasts for a longer period after a few sittings and it is a result driven approach that works for almost all the patients. Hence people facing this kind of vein trouble can opt for the sclerotherapy.
- Elimination of varicose veins readily
- Safe and convenient option
- Less downtime session
- Short procedure
- Minimal pain and scarring
- It includes a few risks that are temporary in nature and are very natural in any surgery.
- Brown pigmentation on the skin surface
- Re-appearance and residual of varicose veins once again
- Inflammation Swollen leg The appearance of ulcers at the operated site.
- Bruising and temporary infections
But you need not worry about these complications as these can be treated as a post-operative procedure using antibiotics and lotions.
*Result may vary person to person.