A cyst is a sac that can form anywhere in your body. Not all need to be removed, but if they are uncomfortable & painful for you, they can be removed in a straightforward procedure.
Cysts are closed sac-like structures that can appear anywhere in the body. These sacs can contain fluid, semi-solid, or gaseous substances. The majority of cysts are not dangerous, however, they can include cells that are malignant on occasion and may cause discomfort or become infected, necessitating removal.
A cyst can form for several reasons. It can happen when a hair follicle becomes clogged. More often, a cyst forms when cells from the skin’s surface get trapped in the deeper layers of the skin. Here, they create a tiny balloon or sac. The sac fills up with dead skin cells as they continue to exfoliate. The cyst may grow larger with time.
Types Of Cysts
A cyst often lacks a head but may contain a small punctum. This is the tiny black dot that represents the cyst’s opening.
- Pilar cysts can appear on the scalp.
- Epidermoid cysts can develop everywhere on the body.
- Sebaceous cysts can also develop everywhere.
- Acne cysts form in areas where there has been significant acne-related inflammation. Acne cysts are advised to be treated medically rather than surgically.
Small, non-bothersome cysts may not require treatment and can be monitored over time.
Cyst treatment is determined by the kind, location, and symptoms of the cyst. Treatments that are often made are:
- Antibiotics are used for infected cysts in order to clear the infection.
- Drainage: Dermatologists remove the fluid or pus from the cyst by making a tiny incision and extracting it.
- Surgical Removal: Surgery is frequently needed for bigger, uncomfortable, or recurrent cysts.
- Laser Therapy: Certain forms of cysts can be removed with laser therapy, generally with minimal scarring.
When a cyst becomes infected, it may seem red owing to inflammation. Because of the presence of pus, infected cysts can also appear yellowish. The pus may have an unpleasant odour.
If you suspect an infection, consult a doctor. Remember a doctor with proper medication and treatment can remove your cyst. Consult experienced dermatologists at Sakhiya Skin Clinic for cyst removal. Your health and well-being are our utmost priority.
Causes Of Cyst
Cysts are caused for many reasons, like:
- Infection: Infections can cause cysts to develop.
- Hereditary: Some people may be predisposed to cyst formation owing to hereditary reasons.
- Chronic Inflammation: Tissue inflammation can lead to cyst development.
*Result may vary person to person.