Ear Lobe Repair
Earlobe repair surgery is a commonly performed aesthetic and reconstructive procedure. It is advised for individuals with torn, split, or damaged earlobes. Sakhya Skin Clinic offers innovative and safe treatments for wounded earlobes.
The lobule of the ear (lobulus auriculae) is the lowest region of the outer ear. It is made up of fragile, cartilaginous tissues that are not solid. Because the earlobe lacks cartilage and bones, it is more sensitive to injury. Even though the earlobe has no biological purpose, it is considered an essential cosmetic component of the face.
Ear lobe treatment includes a wide range of medical and cosmetic treatments intended to treat various ear lobe conditions. These surgical techniques help restore the look and function of ear lobes that are torn, stretched, ripped, or injured. Ear lobe treatment can also be used for cosmetic purposes, such as reshaping or resizing the ear lobes to obtain a more balanced and appealing appearance.
Earlobe repair procedure are performed to restore the appearance of your earlobe that is torn, split or stretched because of wearing heavy earring for long periods of time, accidents or injury.
This is an out-patient procedure done on a local anesthesia. You can go back to your daily activities right after. It is okay to shower after 24 hours.
The plastic surgeon will obtain a medical history and do a physical assessment. It is needed to address health conditions that might impact wound healing (diabetes, smoking, etc.) or bleeding (medicines, herbal preparations, etc.).
They will understand your goal, and then examine the earlobe to determine the size and condition of the hole, as well as the anatomy of the surrounding tissue.
Treatment options for ear lobes are tailored to the individual conditions.
Earlobe Repair – If your earlobes are torn or damaged there’s a procedure that can be done in the doctor’s office using sutures to fix the tear and bring back the shape of your earlobe.
Earlobe Reduction – Some people may want to reduce or reshape their earlobes for reasons. This involves a procedure where excess tissue is removed.
Earlobe Reconstruction – In cases of deformity or extensive damage more complex surgical procedures might be needed to reconstruct the earlobe.
Re-Piercing – After treatment if you wish you can have your ears re-pierced so that you can wear earrings again.
Why do the ear holes enlarge or split?
- Heavy earrings are worn for a long period
- Gauges in the earlobe, increasing in size, weight, and time
- Earrings being entangled and then being pulled (usually long earrings catching a garment or other material)
- Children trying to put on earrings
- Several piercings are too close together or too near to the lobe’s bottom
- Unexpected trauma
What are the advantages of the Earlobe Restoration?
- The ears are an important component of the face. Any change is easily noticeable.
- Ear holes that are too big or split earlobes are unappealing.
- Earlobe repair is a few hours of treatment, and you do not need to stay for a long time.
- It is a quick, straightforward, and painless approach to permanently repair the earlobe.
- You can get your ears pierced again.