Surgery to remove the skin covering the tip of the penis. It is usually done in children, can be performed on adults but is a more complicated procedure. It’s a simple surgery.
Circumcision is a medical operation in which the foreskin, the protective membrane surrounding the head of the penis, is removed. his practice has been performed for centuries and is rooted in founded in cultural, religious, and medicinal traditions. It can be done for various reasons, including cultural or religious beliefs, personal preferences, or medical reasons.
Circumcision is not a medical ailment that has symptoms. Instead, it is a process that may be considered for a variety of reasons, including-
- Circumcision is widely practised as a cultural or religious rite of passage in many societies.
- In some cases, it is recommended to address particular medical concerns such as phimosis (tight foreskin) or recurring infections.
Treatment Procedure of Circumcision
Circumcision treatment involves the removal of the foreskin. In a clinical setting, this operation is normally conducted by a qualified dermatologist. Circumcision is frequently a personal or cultural decision that should be taken after thorough deliberation and consultation with a healthcare expert.
When is it done?
Circumcision is usually done on the first or second day after a baby is born. When performed on older infants, toddlers, or adult males, the process can grow to be more complex and offer greater hazards as they mature.
Benefits of Circumcision
Circumcision may have the following medical benefits:
- A reduced HIV risk
- Lower risk of urinary tract infections.
- Men have a lower risk of some sexually transmitted illnesses.
- Penile cancer protection and a decreased risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners
- Balanitis (glans inflammation) and balanoposthitis (glans and foreskin inflammation) prevention
- Preventing phimosis (inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (inability to restore the foreskin to its normal position)
- Circumcision also makes cleaning the end of the penis simpler.
Circumcision is a personal choice that should be taken after discussion, consideration and consultation with a doctor. Consult with expert dermatologists at SkahiyaSin Clinic to know more about the condition of Circumcision.