Ear repair is a reconstructive cosmetic mechanism carried out to correct the appearance of the ear, earlobes that have been disturbed by the injury, trauma or wearing of any ear ornaments.
Ear repair is a solution for numerous people facing difficulties of having large, torn or stretched earlobes. The ear repair procedures are designed in a manner that allows for reshaping of the ear as for the aesthetic means and for the purpose of correcting the symmetry of the ear shape which is being disturbed during because of piercing and wearing of heavy ornaments. Ear repair is generally a methodology that accounts for the total look out of the ear from its appearance till its function taking in care that other elements of the ear are not affected.
- Torn ears or stretched ears
- Irregular shape i.e asymmetrical
- Expanded earlobes
- Trauma or injury in the earlobe
- Keloid scarring
Ear repair surgery is performed by the cosmetic practitioners and the surgeons so as to rectify large ear and the torn part of the ear. During the surgery, the cosmetician reduces the size and set it back to the normal one closer to the head and if the problem is of the torn ear then the torn part is sutured and closed permanently.
The surgery also depends on the need and nature of the problem and other various factors including desire and wishes.
Ear repair surgery follows a few basic steps like
- Local anesthesia and sometimes general depending on the severity.
- The incision is made on the back surface of the ear.
- The torn or affected part is sutured
- Kept dry in the place for few days 5. Postoperative procedures are taken care of
Ear surgery has shown its effectiveness in repairing the ear deformities with minimal complications.
- Minimal pain
- Less discomfort
- Safe and convenient approach
- Less expensive
- No downtime period
The basic factors that instigate the necessity for nail operation are:
- Trauma or incident
- Wearing of heavy earring
- Birth defect
- Unwanted appearance of the ear
It may possess few risks and may cause few complications like
- Visibility of scars
- Throbbing or numbness
- Excessive bleeding and clotting
- Mismatched ear shape or artificial looking of ear
- Injury or harm to facial nerves Though carrying few risks it is recommended ad the potent and magnificent cosmetic treatment for the ears.
*Result may vary person to person.