A chemical peel is special kind of treatment which is done by an acidic solution to move or remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. It is done by the physicians with a specific procedure.
A chemical peel enhances and smoothens the texture of the skin; exfoliates and removes the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and color giving you a full facial rejuvenation. This is mostly done on facial skin to get the dead skin removed by peel off. It is done by the people who were suffering from uneven skin tone, wrinkled face, spotted and scarred skin.
It is one of the ancient cosmetic procedures, performed in ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Chemical Peel of is very popular as it offers instant results and can be done as an outpatient procedure.
Who is it for?
- Aged women with wrinkled skin.
- Women suffering from acne and pimples.
- Skin with age spots, freckles and scars.
- Causes of sun damage and ageing.
Chemical Peel is done with different kind of procedures on the skin. Peel of is done differently according to skin types and basis that chemical peels can be categorized into:
- superficial peel.
- medium peels.
- deep peels.
This procedure is done differently according to the skin type of people. Generally patient with lighter-hair and fair skin are better for chemical peels. The people who have darker skin may also get good results.
Steps of the procedure
- Anesthesia is given to the specific kind of peeling if required.
- Peeling starts with the application of defatting solvent to cleanse the skin.
- Chemical Solution is then applied for particular period of time.
- Lastly bandages are applied to the patient.
- Now patient can be discharged.
Chemical Peel gives beautiful results on your skin. It reduces the scar marks, blemishes and wrinkles on the skin. This procedure improves the skin texture, reduces the effects of sun damage and eliminates the age spots. It is advisable to not get in sun directly after this skin treatment.
- Sunrays will affect your skin.
- May cause skin irritation.
- It may also cause redness, stinging on skin.
But all these problems may soon be resolved as the skin starts adjusting with the treatment done.
*Result may vary person to person.