Vitiligo – White Patches Treatment
Vitiligo surgery is a kind of cosmetic surgery performed to treat a skin disorder called “VITILIGO” so as to match the color of the affected skin with the normal one.
Vitiligo is a chronic skin disorder in which the color of the skin changes to white as a result white patches appears all over the body. This skin disorder out turns the skin depigmentation and to correct it various lotions and ointment are prescribed but unfortunately at a stage for people with an extreme case of vitiligo these ointments do not work and there comes the role of “VITILIGO SURGERY”. Vitiligo surgery is a proven method to achieve complete repigmentation of the skin which has lost its color due to the disorder in the pigment called “Melanin”.
Bacterial infection’s symptoms differ from person to person like-
- White patches
- Skin discoloration
- Lose of color in the tissues of the inner skin
- Depigmentation at many places of the body like- elbow, knees, face etc.
Vitiligo surgery is an option to cure vitiligo when all other medical therapies used to go in vain and are found to be unavailing. Vitiligo surgery can be applied to any part of the body like face, legs, and elbow. In this surgery basically, the normal skin from one portion of the body is transferred and employed to the affected skin. The transfer is of melanocytes- the pigment-producing cells so that after their placement they can start incepting the color of skin back to normal.
Vitiligo surgery may apply any of the two processes:
- Tissue/skin Grafting- It involves the transfer of normal skin rich in melanocyte tissues to the disordered part.
- Melanocyte Transplant- In this melanocytes are obtained from the patient itself and then are enriched in the laboratory and then transplanted further.
Vitiligo surgery encompasses many benefits like:
- Vitiligo correction with more efficacy.
- Repigmentation is achieved back.
- Safe easy and convenient method.
- Colour matching results are proved good with high success rates
- Scar formation is comparatively less
- Non transmittable- As it does not spreads from one person to another.
- Although being advantageous the surgery includes few complications like-
- Rejection of graft is seen at times.
- Hyper-pigmentation may occur.
- Incomplete pigmentation
- Tenacious and determined vitiligo
- Dysfunctioning of melanocyte cells
- Genetic event
- Immune disorder
- Viral or chronic cause
- Due to Sunburn or cut it also occurs
- Exposure to few chemicals that harm the skin