Nail surgery is a cosmetic treatment available for the correction and repairment of the ingrown nails or the damaged and infected nails and bestowing individuals with the supreme results.
Many people face the nail problems especially toenail one.
The nail trouble causes the person to suffer from pain, redness along with the inclusion of the infections to the improper shape of the nail that invokes the need for nail surgery. Nail surgery encompasses surgical treatment for purposes varying from the mending of nail deformities like – ingrown toenail; nail fungus infection to the cosmetic needs of an individual. The surgery may involve the cutting of only a part of the nail or sometimes the complete nail is removed.
- Swelling and pain
- Infection like yellow or green purulent containing pus
- In the growth of toenails
- Thickened nails
- Psoriatic nails
- Discolored and split nails
- Psoriatic nails
- Discoloured and split nails
The initial surgical process includes medication and slight cutting of the portion which is also called WEDGE RESECTION but if the nail problem is severe then the whole nail is cut down for the permanent solution.
Nail surgery is performed to aid in getting rid of all the types of nail infection. The surgery can be minor or the major depending on the severity of the problem and the need of the situation. Few people go for it for making the nail look more attractive and enhancing.
Solutions Vitiligo surgery may apply any of the two processes
1. Incision: injecting local anaesthesia.
2. Onychectomy: The area of nail been affected is cut apart and detached from the skin.
3. Oral antibiotics- After the surgery antibiotics are prescribed
4. Method duration- is 45 minutes generally but in major one it can last longer.
The nail surgery is beneficial and potent for all those people who have ingrown toenail problems and are diabetic too. The surgery is also fruitful for all the psoriatic nails, thickened nails and nail damage or trauma caused due to accidents Few postoperative effects are observed in the surgery like swelling and pain but the wound is extensive so much antibiotics aren’t required. People should take a special care of their operated nail so as to avoid it from recurrence.
The basic factors that instigate the necessity for nail operation are
1. Trauma, cut or any injury.
2. Fungal infection which can spread from one person to another.
3. Unhygienic nails or poor maintenance of nails.
4. Wearing of the footwear uncomfortable to the toenails.
5. Poor cutting of the nails like too short or too straight.