How to handle dry skin under your eyes during summer?
Dry skin is always a matter of concern, whether it’s summer or winter, hands or face we talk of. Dry skin leads to quicker aging, if not taken care of. Taking care of the skin around and under our eyes is highly crucial because it is delicate and faces a lot of things, like UV rays, stress, lifestyle, genetic reasons, etc. You can face issues like puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, eye bags, etc. Hence, it is really difficult to handle dry skin under our eyes. We have compiled a handful of tips that would help you in handling dry skin under your eyes on these baking hot days but let us know some more things related to dry skin.
Who is more prone to dry skin?
1. Those, who live in colder and hotter climates, have comparatively drier skin compared to those who are in a moderate climate.
2. Those, who are aged 35 years or more, start facing dryness around the eyes.
3. Those, who don’t take proper diet and water and lack important vitamins and minerals, have dry skin.
4. Those, who smoke and/or drink regularly, have health issues and puffiness with dry skin around the eyes is commonly seen in such people.
5. It is rare with people of medium complexion when compared to those with fairer or darker skin.
What are the causes of dry skin around the eyes?
There are numerous factors that cause dryness around the eyes which include both, internal as well as external factors. Some of these are mentioned below-
1. Over washing your face
Washing your face excessively removes the lipids and makes it dehydrated. This eventually leaves the skin itchy and dry.
2. Overexposure to sunlight
Exposure to UV rays and sunlight affects our face more than anything else simply because of the fact that the skin around the eyes is highly sensitive.
3. Weather conditions
Both hot and cold weather conditions have dry air and hence, are harmful to the skin. This makes the skin lose moisture and hence, makes it dry.
4. Using hot water
Hot water dehydrates the body and hence, makes the skin cracked. Hence, using hot water for washing the face or bathing dries out the skin.
5. Improper skincare routine
Everyone has a different skin type and hence, needs products that are dermatologically tested and tailored for your skin type. Using any product may damage your skin.
6. Skin conditions
Certain skin conditions like rosacea, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, etc. affect the skin in various ways, and dryness around the eyes due to atopic dermatitis is one of those.
How to treat dry skin under your eyes?
There are only a few things you need to keep in mind to treat your dry skin and enhance its ability to retain moisture.