Ultimate Hair Loss Solutions: From Causes to Cutting-Edge Treatments in India
Hair loss is something that is faced by almost everyone these days. It can be either temporary or permanent. In any way, baldness affects people physically as well as mentally. It can be caused by any reason, say aging, sickness, heredity, hormonal changes, etc.
Generally, 50 to 100 hairs fall off a healthy person. If hair density gets reduced by more than this number due to lesser hair growth, that causes thin hair. Overall, male pattern hair loss is the most common concern among people.
Table of ContentsToggle
Causes and Symptoms of Hair Loss
There are n numbers of causes of baldness, some of which are mentioned below-
This is the most common reason for hair loss. It is a condition commonly called male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss. Hair loss in this case follows a pattern.
Hormones do change at every stage of a person, especially women, and may result in temporary or permanent hair loss. Hormonal changes may occur due to thyroid, pregnancy, childbirth, or menopause.
There are severe medical conditions that lead to thin hair, some of which include alopecia areata (related to the immune system), any scalp infection, or some disorder.
Today’s lifestyle is the major reason for various illnesses, including hair loss. An inactive lifestyle, unhealthy food, stress, hectic routine coupled together for thin hair. Hair loss caused by stress is known as telogen effluvium that lasts temporarily.
Drugs and medications
Any treatment like chemotherapy or any medicine for treating arthritis, cancer, heart problems, depression, or high blood pressure affects hair thickness to a great extent.
Treatment on hair
The way we treat hair undoubtedly impacts hair growth. Hot oiling, tight pulling of hair, excessive use of heat, etc. damage the hair and extract its radiance. It would ultimately affect the hair thickness and hair density.
Under normal circumstances, hair thinning begins gradually and you get any of these symptoms-
Visible bald spots
People start losing hair in circular or patchy ways on the eyebrows, scalp, or beard. This may leave itchiness, dryness, or pain before the hair falls.
This happens as we age, in both male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss. Men’s forehead gets broader and women’s hair parting gets wider.
Gradual spread of patches
It’s a case of ringworm when those bald patches spread all over the scalp. It is accompanied by numerous impacts like redness, swelling, or broken hair.
Sudden falling of hair
This may happen due to shock of any type that may lead to a bunch of hairs coming out while washing or combing. If it persists for a long time, it may lead to drastic hair thinning.
Which vitamin deficiency causes hair loss?
Everybody knows that vitamins are vital for hair restoration and hair growth. Here are a few vitamins mentioned below, the deficiency of which may lead to hair loss.
Vitamin B Complex (Vitamin B7 and B12) plays a critical role in metabolism and proper functioning of the nervous system, and hence, is good for hair restoration and hair conditioning.
Vitamin C is an amazing antioxidant, good for healthy skin and hair. It promotes blood circulation throughout the body, including the scalp. That’s how it helps in hair restoration and improves hair density and hair thickness.
If our body runs short of Vitamin D, we may start facing hair loss issues. As per Science, vitamin D is metabolized by the skin cells that produce keratin, yet another important protein for hair. When there is a lack of Vitamin D, the skin cells face problems in hair growth.
Iron helps in circulating oxygen to all the cells. Hence, its lack may lead to insufficient production of hemoglobin. It would hamper the delivery of oxygen to the scalp as well, thereby deteriorating the quality of hair.
Keratin is a protein naturally produced in our body that keeps our skin, hair, and nails polished. Hence, loss of keratin may lead to hair breakage and hair thinning.
Best hair growth treatments for men and women
Hair loss can be treated in two ways, medications and treatments.
Normally, medications are available for treating male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss. The most popular and effective ones are mentioned below-
It comes in foam, liquid, and shampoo forms. It needs to be applied twice or at least once a day for effective results. It takes at least 6 months to prevent hair fall and boost hair growth.
It treats male pattern hair loss which comes in the form of a pill. Men have shown and experienced a reduction in hair loss after consuming it constantly for a few months. It may not work for those over 60 years old.
Spironolactone is generally used for fluid retention but it can also be used for treating a certain type of hair loss (caused by overproduction of male sex hormones in females). This is prescribed only when other medications don’t work.
Biotin, technically known as vitamin B7 and vitamin H, improves the quality and structure of keratin, and hence, improves the health of skin, nails, and hair. It improves the hair thickness and quality. It treats only those hair issues that are caused by the lack of biotin.
If hair fall is extreme and medications don’t work, here are a few effective hair treatments to target hair loss.
The QR678® Neo therapy is a new, proprietary, and proven treatment for enhancing hair density and hair thickness. It contains certain polypeptides that act as natural hair growth factors present in the scalp. These polypeptides go deep into the skin and nourish the scalp leading to hair restoration and hair growth.
- Treats hair loss and is effective in androgenic alopecia, PCOS-related hair loss, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis of the Scalp, Post-Chemotherapy Hair Loss, female pattern baldness, Alopecia Areata, and post-COVID hair fall.
- Visible hair growth is relatively sooner.
- It is a simple, advanced, and quick 10-minute session.
- It is a non-surgical and completely safe procedure, devoid of any side effects.
PRP stands for “platelet-rich plasma.” This procedure involves three simple steps. First, blood is drawn and then processed into a centrifuge, separating into three layers- platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells. The platelet-rich plasma is drawn from this blood and injected into the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth by reducing the time hair takes to grow.
- Very helpful in hair restoration and hair growth in the postpartum period.
- Completely safe and natural way of treating baldness as no outside element enters the body.
- It can work on people of any age.
- Regenerates damaged tissues and stimulates the production of compounds like hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin- very essential for healthy skin.
- Painless procedure as no local anesthesia is required.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is a type of hair transplant wherein healthy hair follicles are taken out of the scalp and implanted at the area where hair density is quite less. These won’t leave any scars and make the recipient area look denser.
- It doesn’t leave any scars. Only a few tiny dots are there that would also fade gradually.
- It is almost painless. Some may feel discomfort after the treatment The medication of which can be provided by the doctor.
- It provides better results and healthier hair than any other treatment.
- This is safe with the least risk of infection and with the quickest recovery.
In this procedure of Follicular unit transplantation (FUT), a strip of skin from the back of the head is cut by the surgeon, and hair follicles are removed from the strip, and reinserted into the scalp. It generally takes four to eight hours. Local anesthesia is given to the patient before the treatment.
- Best to adopt if a large number of hair follicles are required to be implanted.
- It is relatively cheaper than the other types of surgeries.
- It gets over quickly so the patient doesn’t have to wait for long.
Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Growth
In this method, stem cells (the most critical part of hair growth) are implanted into the hair follicles. This gives a way for new hairs to grow. This works on any part of the body. The recovery duration in this treatment is relatively less than some of the other procedures.
- It is a natural hair treatment and a healthy way of implanting hair.
- It targets the main root of hair loss, viz.,the stem cells.
- This treatment grows hair on scarred areas as well.
- It helps in giving people a fuller look as it’s capable of working on eyebrows and beard as well.
- It is a very gentle and less invasive procedure.
This procedure involves numerous small needles that puncture the skin/scalp and stimulate specific hair follicle stem cells. This is generally combined with some other treatment to give effective results.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure that is expected to release hair growth factors and platelets in the targeted areas, thereby thickening the hair follicles.
- This procedure is good for those who are at an early stage of hair loss and have mild male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss.
Best products for hair fall treatment
Now the question arises which type of products should be used for good quality hair. So, these are the products that one needs to use in their hair care routine.
It has been proved that hair growth serums nourish the scalp and hair follicles leading to hair restoration and more hair density.
Oiling with the appropriate hair oils can nourish the scalp, boost blood circulation, and provide the required luster. Ultimately, it helps in healthier and stronger hair.
Hair Mask conditions the hair in such a way that it repairs any kind of damage, hydrates them, restores the softness and shine, removes frizziness, and shields the hair from chemical and environmental factors.
Cleanliness is the prerequisite condition of healthy and long hair and that is provided by a shampoo. Use a mild shampoo to cleanse your scalp, and remove all the dirt, excess sweat/sebum, any pollutant, or any product residue.
Everyone knows the importance of a conditioner. Conditioners moisturize and nourish the hair, coat the hair cuticles, and shield them from any external factors. One thing is to note that it should be used in the limit as excess of everything is bad.
Scalp cream is a cream or lotion to be applied topically on the scalp to treat hereditary hair loss. Let it rest on your scalp for some time and its hair growth-stimulating factors or ingredients will do their work.
Recommend tips to prevent hair loss by dermatologist
Here are a few tips that can prevent hair loss to a great extent, if followed properly.
- Go for a medical checkup and ask your doctor about all the medications you take that may result in thin hair.
- Shield your hair from sunlight and pollutants.
- Don’t consume alcohol and avoid smoking.
- If you are at an early stage of hair fall and don’t want to go for expensive hair treatments, you may try herbal hair remedies.
- Be gentle while detangling your hair and avoid harsh treatments on your hair.
Hair loss is a major concern for everyone. Nobody wants to deteriorate their looks due to baldness. If you are facing hair loss, it doesn’t matter at what stage you are, you should directly contact us at your nearest location.
We have 5 locations in Ahmedabad (South Bopal, Thaltej, Satellite, Nikol, and Chandkheda), 8 in Surat (Vesu, Nana Varachha, Mota Varachha, Lal Darwaza, Dabholi, Citylight, Bhatar, and Adajan), and 1 each in Mota Varachha, Ankleshwar, Anand, Vadodara, Navsari, Bharuch, Vapi, Valsad, Bardoli, Mumbai (Andheri), Rajkot, Pune, Raipur, Nandurbar, and Delhi