Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment- Procedure, Benefits And Cost In India
Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing is technically a non-surgical facelift that is used for skin rejuvenation. People who are looking for treating issues like wide skin pores, acne scars, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and saggy skin opt for CO2 laser. It is generally performed on the face, neck, hands, and chest.
Go ahead to know all about this treatment.
What is the procedure for CO2 laser skin resurfacing?
As the name itself suggests, this treatment is done using carbon-di-oxide gas, it also contains Nitrogen and Hydrogen though. The treatment generally takes half an hour.
Anesthesia is applied topically on the targeted area before the CO2 laser treatment that is closely administered by our staff so that the patient doesn’t face discomfort. There are constant wave lasers with supremely high energy levels, generally of the infrared range wavelength.
This treatment is normally adapted for acne scars treatment. The laser beams break down the connective tissue. The scarred ones get broken down and newer and smoother skin takes its place. In other words, the skin is ‘resurfaced’ or replaced with a fresher and newer one. This not just helps in scar removal but also for wrinkle removal, stretch mark removal, and skin tightening.
What are the benefits of fractional CO2 laser?
CO2 laser skin resurfacing is an uncomplicated and non-surgical way to treat acne and any kind of scars one has on the upper body. Its benefits are enumerated and explained below-
1. It improves skin texture
CO2 laser evens out the skin tone, improves skin texture, and brings out the inner glow. It is chemical-free and non-surgical and hence, avoids the downsides of any surgical procedures. The patients get younger and smoother skin without any harshness, redness, or breakouts.
2. It stimulates collagen
Our aging leads to wear and tear of our skin due to various reasons, the most crucial one is the loss of collagen. As the collagen breaks down, sagging skin becomes the outcome. CO2 laser helps in skin tightening that undoubtedly makes you feel younger.
3. It spikes self-confidence
Laser skin resurfacing helps in getting rid of visible signs of aging by a non-invasive method. Skin becomes tighter and scars become lesser. This technology certainly makes you fall for your skin. Even minimal makeup makes you least bothered about your look and makes you feel good.
4. Least downtime
One can get rid of all the appearance-related skin issues like sun damage, acne scars, fine lines, pigmentation, etc. Moreover, one can get stretch mark removal, melasma treatment, and rosacea treatment with a downtime of a couple of weeks.
People can certainly resume their daily chores but with some precautions. It generally takes 7-10 days for healing but the skin shall stay pinkish for 3 to 4 weeks. The exact duration varies in every case.
5. It’s a safe method
This technology is the least invasive, and doesn’t even require anesthesia to perform the procedure. This non-surgical facelift is good to go for all kinds of patients. Though the laser beam does create some sensation, the discomfort sustains only for some time.
How many sessions are required for a fractional CO2 laser?
Fractional CO2 laser treatment usually requires two to six visits, relying on the severity of the scars. It takes three to four weeks for proper healing and effective results. This laser technology normally requires three to five sessions during these four weeks or as suggested by the dermatologist.
What is the fractional C02 laser treatment price in India?
A single session of laser skin resurfacing usually costs around INR 3,000 to INR 7,000 in India but then, it depends on the severity of the case. This is multiplied by the number of sessions required to fetch the overall cost.
In Sakhiya’s we have INR 1,000 minimum cost per session and a maximum INR 12,000 that varies from person to person.
Before And After Results Of Fractional CO2 Laser
Our skin is tender when we are young. As we age, our skin loses its charm for obvious reasons. Hormonal imbalances also lead to various issues before skin laser resurfacing. Continue reading to know about them.
1. People generally face acne that leaves scars on their faces.
2. Sun spots, age spots, and sun damage are some of the common symptoms of damaged skin.
3. Uneven skin tone and pigmentation around the mouth and chin disturb people a lot.
4. If not taken care of, skin gets rougher as we age. Just moisturizer doesn’t help if it gets severe.
5. Visible signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles are the things that one can’t avoid.
1. People can see effective results after the first session itself. You can notice that skin gets smoother and looks younger in just a few weeks of this non-surgical facelift. Precautionary measures are obvious to follow.
2. Our skin needs some recovery period after the CO2 laser, after which age spots, sun spots, acne scars, wrinkles, dullness, roughness, etc. everything starts lightening.
3. Internal changes take place gradually post-treatment. During 3-6 months after the treatment, collagen synthesis gets boosted. Skin gets smoother and becomes younger-looking.
4. This technology uses laser beams that penetrate the skin during this recovery period. This helps in boosting collagen production and removes old and dead skin cells. This leads to long-lasting results.
5. This CO2 laser helps in restoring the natural healing capacity of the skin. It is applied on the face, neck, and chest. This is an easy acne scar treatment and pigmentation treatment, best for skin tightening as well.
Precautions to be taken after fractional CO2 laser treatment-
As the skin takes a couple of weeks to heal, it is sensitive during this recovery period. Hence, the patients need to take certain precautionary measures to make this treatment a success, some of which are mentioned below-
1. Just after the CO2 laser, the patients would be given an ice pack to be applied to the treated area. Applying this for around 15 minutes followed by petroleum jelly or an antibacterial cream provided by the dermatologist.
This would make them comfortable and reduce redness and swelling. Repeat three to four times a day, for 2-3 days.
2. Cover the treated area with a bandage after this non-surgical facelift. Moreover, change the bandage twice a day after cleaning the area.
Don’t let normal water touch the treated area, use distilled water instead. Make sure you cover the particular areas while bathing as well.
3. Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and swimming pools for a couple of weeks after the CO2 laser or at least by the time it’s completely healed. Also, avoid applying makeup on the resurfaced area for the same duration.
4. Avoid going outside in the Sun until the area is completely healed. If you happen to go out, apply sunscreen of at least SPF 50 or shield the area with a cloth.
5. If you have any kind of skin issue like cold sores, you should take medication before, during, and after this laser skin resurfacing. Closely observe your skin and inform your healthcare provider in case you notice any changes.
6. Skin forms a crust while healing and that is irritable. People are not supposed to remove that crust. It would automatically be removed in a couple of weeks after the CO2 laser treatment.
The fractional CO2 laser is certainly a boon for those who want quicker recovery, minimum downtime, least discomfort, yet long-lasting change. We, at Sakhiya Skin Clinic, house the best dermatologists and other healthcare providers, who provide the best fractional CO2 laser treatment. We have US-FDA-approved equipment and State of the Art technology. We have our clinics at various locations majorly covering Maharashtra and South Gujarat.
We have clinics at Vapi, Valsad, Vadodara, Surat (Vesu, Nana Varachha, Lal Darwaza, Dabholi, Citylight, Bhatar, and Adajan), Rajkot, Raipur, Pune, Navsari, Mumbai (Andheri), Mota Varachha, Bardoli, Ankleshwar, Anand, and Ahmedabad (South Bopal, Thaltej, Satellite, Nikol, and Chandkheda). We have also opened a clinic in Dubai.
If you’re facing any of the aforementioned skin issues, book an appointment right now at your nearest location for the best and the long-lasting treatment.