Blepharoplasty is the cosmetic surgery performed basically to improve the appearance of eyelids and to correct all the deformities or defects of the eyelids. This procedure is useful in modifying the eye region by giving it a proper shape.
Blepharoplasty or Eye Lid Surgery is a surgical procedure that repairs the droopy and saggy skin from the lower eyelids and rejuvenates the area around the eyes. It also includes the removal of excess fatty tissue from the upper eyelids. Due to growing age, muscles start weakening and the skin also starts aging along with that it loses its firmness and elasticity and so many people start facing wrinkles and bulginess around the eye.
This surgery treats puffiness which at times hinders the vision of an individual. Hence by undergoing this surgery people can improve their sightedness as well.
Blepharoplasty is an aesthetic procedure done for purposes like modifying the eye region, tightening the skin around eyes, redraping of the excess fat and repositioning of the tissues around the eye region.
This surgery is performed so as to restore the correct functioning of the eye muscles and eyelids. So any candidate with the good health without any serious eye condition and a usual non-smoker can undergo this plastic surgery.
This surgery follows a few steps while considering the eyelid surgery:
1. Anesthesia: Usually local anesthesia is given so as to comfort the patient.
2. Incision: Then the area is determined where the incision can be made so that after the surgery the scars are naturally disguised.
3. Surgery: After the marking of lines and area the surgery is performed removing the excess fat and the skin from either the upper eyelid or the lower one.
4. The closing of incision: It includes the closing of the area by stitching it.
5. After that, the stitches are opened in 7 Days.
Eyelid plastic surgery has an important role in repositioning or modifying the eyelids along with smoothening the functioning f the eyelids and eye muscles. Though eyelid surgery can give you the ideal look or can enhance your facial features, few of the potential and post-treatment effects can be observed for a few days like-
*Result may vary person to person.