The term Varicose veins is referred to as those veins mainly on legs which have become widened or twisted due to backward flow of the blood or the excess pressure by the blood on veins.
As we know that veins are responsible for flowing deoxygenated blood towards the heart, these veins do this with the help of valve and when this valve gets damaged it makes blood flow backward causing pressure on the veins and as a result of which veins gets widened and enlarged causing them to be varicose veins. These kinds of veins do not cause any harm but can be in a benign condition. Varicose veins can be of cosmetic concern for all many people along with the fact that they often run in families.
Aching, heavy legs Redness, Dryness, and itchiness Swelling Noticeable and little embarrassing in appearance. Eczema may also be seen. Bleeding at times. Discomforts
Any vein can be of the form of varicose vein but this case is generally found in the legs and feet as the standing pressure is more and direct on the legs. Many patients who suffer from the varicose vein must seek out help from their physicians who are specialist in vein care and then to a cosmetic consultant. The basic method for treating varicose condition goes with the initial check-up and tests.
1. Initial diagnosis: This is done to determine the extent and depth of the problem.
2. Ultrasound Scan: This allows for the detailed examination of the veins.
3. Surgical Treatment: People also go for surgical treatment like – phlebectomy
4. Laser Treatment: Laser surgical treatments are also available nowadays to eliminate these varicose veins.
The varicose vein may affect a person aesthetically and if it goes beyond a benign condition then cause discomfort to the person leaving behind the aching and swelling. They do not result in any medical disease though they aggravate many regular problems and hence it should be treated as soon as possible so as to avoid further anomalies. Causes: Varicose veins affect the body of an individual as it
1. PUBERTY: Generally at the time of puberty hormonal balance changes and so increase in blood level may cause varicose veins.
2. PREGNANCY: Sometimes the pregnant women face this problem as during the pregnancy period their blood pressure becomes high and so veins get enlarged
3. OBESITY: Over weighted people generally face this problem
4. AGING FACTOR: Varicose veins develop as a person grows old
5. OTHER FACTORS: Prolonged Standing, chronic illness
*Result may vary person to person.