What precautions should I take post-body piercing?
One needs to take certain precautions to avoid infection and promote quicker healing-
- If there are oral piercings done, clean them with antiseptic mouthwash after every meal. Also, use a soft-bristled toothbrush for brushing.
- Clean the pierced site and piercing regularly with clean hands.
- Stay away from swimming pools, hot tubs, and other water bodies until the piercing is healed.
- Touch your new piercing only when you clean it.
- Don’t move the piercing during the initial weeks. Let it be intact to avoid the closure of the hole and delay in healing.