Electrolysis Hair Removal – Procedure, Benefits And Cost In India
Who doesn’t want clean and hair-free skin? I guess, everyone does but it is difficult to maintain the same. Shaving, waxing, and Laser hair removal process- all remove hair temporarily. Technology has made permanent hair removal possible in India as well.
What Is Electrolysis Hair Removal?
Electrolysis is the latest technique for permanent hair removal wherein a dermatologist or electrologist uses electricity to permanently destroy the hair follicles. Hair of the whole body can be removed using electrolysis hair removal process. People get it done on the body areas like the face, eyebrows, breasts, abdomen, thighs, and legs. Facial hair removal is the one that’s most opted for, as it removes hair from the face which is seen by people at first.
Hair growth is affected by several factors. The body areas on which electrolysis is to be done also impacts the number of sessions required. However, it depends on every person as everybody is different. Whatever the body part is, the minimum number of sessions required is 8 which may extend to 12 to 18 sessions in a duration of 8 months to 2 years. Some may need to visit once a week and others may visit once every two weeks. Once the series of treatments is over, the hair is permanently gone.
Procedure Of Electrolysis Hair Removal
The specialists (here, electrologists) use electricity to damage the hair follicles permanently. The electrolysis devices are capable of destroying the growth center of hair using chemical or heat energy. A minute probe is inserted into the skin pore, the hair follicle is grabbed and killed and the dead hair is taken out with tweezers. So technically, the hair follicle cells and the root of the hair are killed, leaving no scope for another hair to grow.
There is no fixed duration of this treatment as it depends on a couple of factors like the size of the body areas to be treated and the amount of hair to be removed. If the area is small, it may take somewhere 15-30 minutes per session but if the area is larger, say legs, it may take hours to complete. This process targets one hair follicle at a time, hence, this is obvious it takes longer time to treat.
What Are The Benefits of Electrolysis Hair Removal?
It has numerous benefits over the Laser Hair Removal system which makes it worth trying. Some of them are mentioned below-
Yields best results
When it comes to permanent body hair removal, electrolysis has the best track record compared to any other method.
Safe and effective
Since electrolysis doesn’t use any harsh chemicals but only electric current, this is safest for every skin type. It works amazingly for sensitive body areas.
Can treat colours
Unlike laser hair removal, electrolysis works best for people with blonde, gray, red, or white hair. White hair removal doesn’t go well with any other hair removal procedure. Hence, it benefits diverse skin types.
Since the hair follicles are damaged permanently in this treatment, it provides relief from body hair for the longest duration, maybe forever.
One can resume routine work just after the session is over, as it doesn’t have any downtime. But it is advisable to shield your skin if outside.
Preparation And Post Care
There are a lot of pre and post care things to do once you decide to go for electrolysis treatment.
How to prepare?
- Book a certified, experienced, and reputed electrologist for the treatment.
- Inform your electrologist about your medical history and the medications you are taking.
- Don’t shave, tweeze, or wax for a week before the appointment as hairs need to be a quarter-inch long to be pulled out easily.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated and makeup-free before the treatment for the treatment to work best.
- Avoid caffeine for 24 hours before the treatment in order to avoid any stress levels as it could make the procedure a bit painful.
- Avoid sun exposure and retinoids for a week before the treatment.
- Ask your electrologist before the treatment for any specific guidelines that need to be followed.
- Keep hydrating yourself for better and quicker healing.
- Don’t go out without applying sunscreen and shielding your body parts.
- Use a cool cloth or in fact, ice cubes to rub on the red, sore, or swollen areas, if any. This would help in reducing inflammation.
- Keep your treated area clean and hygienic. Avoid touching, rubbing, or scratching before it is completely healed.
- Apply the antibiotic ointment prescribed by your doctor to avoid any infection as the skin is sensitive in the initial days. Don’t use any other product in the area for 24 hours.
- Give a regular visit for skin maintenance and best electrolysis outcomes.
Are there any side effects of Electrolysis Hair Removal?
Compared to any other hair removal treatment, Electrolysis is extremely safe, that too for all hair types. It has little to no major side effects to the patients.
- Only a slight risk of infection exists if the needle is not sterilized. If you went to a certified and professional electrologist, this risk is almost nil.
- The patient may face blisters, slight redness, or soreness on the treated area during or just after the treatment but that’s temporary.
- People with darker skin tones may have dark spots on the treated area that would gradually vanish on their own.
- As it uses needles, it may cause certain discomfort to the patient. It may cause pain as well but it all depends on one’s pain threshold.
A minor, pregnant woman or lactating mother is not the right candidate for this procedure.
Electrolysis Hair Removal Cost in India
There is no universal cost of the electrolysis hair removal procedure, it all depends on a lot of factors. Things like, if it is full body electrolysis hair removal or just a part thereof, the volume of hair to be removed, the number of sessions required, etc. affect the total cost.
The price for this treatment varies from INR 2,500 to INR 4,000 per session. However, it starts from just INR 800 in Sakhiya Skin Clinic.
Before And after photos Of Electrolysis Hair Removal at Sakhiya Skin Clinic
Full body electrolysis hair removal system helps people stay away from ingrown and grown body hairs. A lot of people already benefited from it. You can see below the Before and After photos of our patients who have successfully got this treatment done.
People love clean skin for all the possible reasons but don’t have time to visit the salons regularly. Electrolysis Hair Removal system comes to their rescue. Though it takes time, once the series of treatments is done, people get rid of the hair from their bodies. With this permanent hair removal system, people don’t have to worry about their appearance before going anywhere.